Dean of Students Office
Titan Student Union 235
The Dean of Students Office creates a culture of care for students, their families, and faculty and staff by providing exemplary programs and services designed to enhance students’ academic and personal success. We derive success plans and provide ongoing support for students in distress dealing with a variety of issues. We help students navigate complex University processes, such as withdrawals and petitions. We also serve to address a broad range of complaints either through directly assisting the student involved to resolve the issue, working with the student to contact the appropriate personnel, or referring the student to resources or offices that can directly address the issue. Follow-up is provided to the student until the situation is resolved.
Areas within the Dean of Students Office include Student Conduct, Advocacy and Mediation, CSUF Cares and Behavioral Intervention Team. Whether we are the first office students come to for assistance or the last place they think to call, our staff is here to help students be their best advocate and have a successful Titan experience.
Student Life and Leadership
Titan Student Union 234
The Office of Student Life and Leadership provides support and fosters community engagement. We empower students through involvement, leadership and co-curricular learning opportunities to enhance their Titan experience at CSUF. Student Life and Leadership offers multiple involvement opportunities including Campus Activities, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Clubs and Organizations, Sports Clubs, and Community Service and Leadership Programs.
Clubs and Organizations
CSUF has more than 375 clubs and organizations to suit a variety of interests and needs, including social, cultural, academic, sport, faith, community service and more. Clubs and organizations support the mission of the University by providing active involvement in co-curricular experiences. To learn more, visit TitanLink at fullerton.edu/titanlink.
Sports Clubs provides high-quality, structured, competitive and fun activities that offer participants the opportunity to experience physical, social and emotional growth in a safe and fun learning environment. Being a member of Sport Clubs will help you enhance your Titan Experience through the development of your leadership skills, campus pride, community support, team building, self-management, and promote a healthy lifestyle. To learn more, visit fullerton.edu/sll/involvement/sports.
Fraternity and Sorority Life
Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL) are the social fraternity and sorority organizations on campus. The FSL community offers fellowship, academic support, leadership training, participation in campus activities, and service to the community and the University. FSL consists of the Interfraternity Council (fraternities), the Multicultural Greek Council (fraternities and sororities), the National Pan-Hellenic Council (fraternities and sororities), and the Panhellenic Council (sororities). CSUF has over 2,000 students affiliated with our 28 fraternities and sororities on campus. To learn more, visit fullerton.edu/sll/fslife.
Community Service and Leadership Programs
Community Service and Leadership Programs (CSLP) provides excellent service and leadership opportunities for students. Community services options include working with children as a tutor or mentor, helping protect the environment, serving the homeless and needy, and working in health-related fields. Students can also become a project director for the community service projects. To learn more, visit fullerton.edu/sll/involvement/csprograms.
In addition, students are encouraged to participate in our signature campus activities:
- Discoverfest - CSUF’s largest student involvement fair
- Social Justice Summit
- Tuffy Awards - CSUF’s official student organization recognition ceremony
All students are encouraged to get involved with programs and services within Student Life and Leadership to enhance their Titan experience and explore the co-curricular activities outside of the classroom.
Associated Students, Inc.
Titan Student Union 207
Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) is a nonprofit, auxiliary corporation and the recognized student government at Cal State Fullerton. ASI provides student engagement and development opportunities through leadership, volunteer and employment experiences. ASI provides campus community members with important social, cultural and recreational opportunities, as well as a wide range of programs and services. Every part-time or full-time student is a member of ASI through fees paid each semester. These fees are administered by ASI through the student-elected Board of Directors and Executive Staff, and provide for student governance, shared governance of the University, programming of student activities, funding of campus organizations and athletics, and the operation of the Titan Student Union, Student Recreation Center, Children’s Center, and CSUF Irvine Campus Fitness Center and Lounge.
ASI Executive Staff and ASI Board of Directors
The ASI Executive Staff comprises an elected President and Vice-President, an appointed Vice-President of Finance, Chief Administrative Officer, Chief Communications Officer, and Chief Governmental Officer. The ASI Board of Directors comprises two elected representatives from each academic college who are responsible for developing the yearly budget and establishing policies and procedures. ASI Board of Directors meetings are open to all students. Meeting times are Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. in the Titan Student Union Board Room.
You don’t have to be elected to an ASI office to take part in student leadership. You can get involved in ASI by serving on committees, working on programs, and helping to develop new programs and services. Participation on committees as a student representative or serving as a volunteer provides networking opportunities, rewarding experiences and campus involvement, as well as insight into how the University functions, plans and deals with issues. Information regarding appointed student positions and volunteer opportunities is available in the ASI Executive Offices located in TSU-207 or by calling 657-278-3295. Students can also attend an ASI Street Team meeting on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. or Wednesdays at 4 p.m. in TSU Gabrielino.
ASI Employment Opportunities
The ASI Human Resources Office provides part-time employment opportunities for Cal State Fullerton students. As a student assistant or work study employee, you can gain valuable job experience, develop personal skills and build your resume. Employment opportunities are available in a variety of ASI programs, including the Children’s Center, Student Recreation Center and the Titan Student Union. For information on current ASI employment opportunities, visit asi.fullerton.edu, stop by the ASI Human Resources Office in TSU-227 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), or call 657-278-7068.
ASI Legal Referral Services
ASI contracts with the College Legal Clinic, Inc. (CLC) to provide legal referrals, guidance and consultation services to students currently enrolled at CSUF. The CLC is a consultation and referral service made up of a panel of pre-screened attorneys specializing in various areas of law such as: family, juvenile, guardianship, criminal, civil appellate, civil litigation, insurance, personal injury, labor, medical, probate, real estate, business, collections, bankruptcy, landlord/tenant, immigration, social security and employment. Additionally, students can receive free referrals to member attorneys and free, 20-minute consultations are held regularly in the Titan Student Union. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 657-278-5850/657-278-5757 for more information.
ASI Information and Services
ASI offers a number of services to the Cal State Fullerton community, including discounted tickets to local amusement parks and area attractions; legal referrals, guidance and consultation services through the College Legal Clinic; complimentary newspapers including USA Today, the Orange County Register and the Los Angeles Times through the Titan Readership Program; scholarship opportunities each semester; and much more. For more information about all of the services ASI has to offer, please visit asi.fullerton.edu.
ASI Productions is a student-run program that provides weekly campus entertainment, including films, indoor and outdoor concerts, pub entertainment, and special events. Additionally, ASI Productions plans and executes two large-scale concerts each year - Orangefest during the fall semester and the Spring Concert during the spring semester. For more information or to get involved in ASI Productions, attend an ASI Street Team meeting on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. or Wednesdays at 4 p.m. in TSU Gabrielino, or call 657-278-3501.
Association for Intercultural Awareness
The Association for Intercultural Awareness (AICA) exists to enhance the University experience of CSUF students by raising awareness of and celebrating the multicultural student population of Cal State Fullerton. As a funding council, AICA is responsible for allocating ASI funds to member organizations to provide multicultural programming. AICA sponsors cultural and educational events and serves to promote communication, cooperation, and exchange of cultural and ethnic ideas among its member organizations and the Cal State Fullerton community. For more information or to get involved in AICA, attend an AICA meeting on Thursdays at 3 p.m. in TSU Gabrielino, or call 657-278-2914.
Camp Titan is the official philanthropy of ASI dedicated to providing a one-week camping experience each June for underprivileged children in Orange County. Camp Titan is staffed by Cal State Fullerton students who volunteer their time as friends and counselors. The goal of Camp Titan is to teach children to feel good about themselves, introduce them to nature, heighten their self-awareness, increase their confidence and allow them to meet new friends. For more information or to get involved as part of the Camp Titan staff, please call 657-278-3036.
The Children’s Center is an ASI service that provides parents with safe, affordable and convenient child care on campus. Trained preschool teachers and student interns provide a developmental program for children ages 6 months through 5 years that offers experiences in art, science, language, physical development, math, reading,and music, with an emphasis on the development of social and problem-solving skills. For more information about the Children’s Center, including enrollment and academic internships, please call 657-278-7068.
ASI funds 10 Inter-Club Councils representing each of the eight academic colleges, community service and club sports. Each council has a number of student-run programs and clubs under its supervision, and facilitates the allocation of ASI funding to these member organizations. This funding provides clubs with the opportunity to present speakers, attend conferences and produce campus events. For more information about Inter-Club Councils, please call 657-278-3295.
Titan Pride Center
Want to get connected to the college experience? Find out what events are going on, how to get involved, be a part of special promotions and giveaways, learn a little campus history and more! The Titan Price Center is located in the main lobby of the Titan Student Union.
Titan Student Centers Governing Board
The Titan Student Centers (Titan Student Union, Student Recreation Center and CSUF Irvine Campus Fitness Center) are governed by a student-majority board, which develops policies on issues ranging from operating hours to services offered. The Titan Student Centers Governing Board is a great leadership opportunity for students to get involved and gain valuable skills. Call 657-278-3085 for more information.
Titan Tusk Force
Titan Tusk Force (TTF) is a student-run program that promotes and supports ASI programs, services and Titan Athletics by attending games, planning and sponsoring events, and demonstrating school spirit. Through TTF, students develop a strong sense of campus unity, pride and identity with Cal State Fullerton. For more information or to get involved in Titan Tusk Force, please call 657-278-2542.
Titan Student Union
The Titan Student Union (TSU), a program of the Associated Students, CSUF, Inc., is the campus center for social, cultural, and recreational programs and services. Check out the TSU for a place to study, eat, relax and much more! The many programs and services offered throughout the TSU include:
- Arts Program - The TSU encourages artistic awareness by coordinating short-term student exhibits in the Center, Atrium and Plaza Galleries. Through the Art Acquisition program, the TSU is home to a collection of over 100 pieces of student artwork displayed throughout the building.
- ATMs - ATMs from Bank of America, SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union, Chase Bank and Wells Fargo are available just outside the main entrance of the TSU.
- Becker Amphitheatre - Built by the Associated Students, Inc., Becker Amphitheatre is located southeast of the TSU and hosts weekly noontime concerts, theater productions and other live events. The Becker Amphitheatre can be reserved through the University Conference Center office.
- Discount Tickets - The TSU Information and Services Desk offers discount tickets for theme parks, movies, local sports and ticketed CSUF events.
- Food Services - The food court offers a variety of choices including Togo’s, Panda Express, Round Table Pizza, The Fresh Kitchen, Baja Fresh, Juice It Up! and The Cup (Starbucks Coffee and bakery items). The Yum is the place to pick up quick snacks, drinks, supplies and more.
- Group Study Rooms - Study rooms are available for groups of three or more students. Gather your group and bring your TitanCards to the Information and Services Desk to check out a room for up to four hours.
- Information and Services - Information and Services has the answer to most questions about CSUF. Purchase tickets to area theme parks and attractions, as well as campus events; retrieve belongings from “lost and found”; and get general campus information and directions.
- Lounges and Mainframe Computer Lounge - The many lounge and study areas throughout the TSU offer a comfortable place to study or relax. Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. The Mainframe Computer Lounge, located on the main level, offers computers, magazines and music. If you prefer a more active environment when you study, this might be the place for you.
- Titan Bowl and Billiards - This eight-lane bowling center, video arcade, billiards area, console gaming room and big screen TV lounge is located on the lower level of the TSU and offers fun and entertainment between or after classes. Visit titanbowl.fullerton.edu for information on tournaments and special events held throughout the year. Titan Bowl and Billiards is also a great place to host an event, and recognized CSUF student clubs and organizations are eligible to reserve one complimentary event per semester.
- University Conference Center - This office provides meeting/event facilities and related services in the TSU for student groups, faculty/staff groups and the surrounding community. Contact the University Conference Center’s event planning staff to schedule TSU facilities for your student organization’s meetings, workshops, banquets and other events. Available locations include the Becker Amphitheatre, Titan Theater and Atrium, and the TSU Pavilion.
Titan Recreation/Student Recreation Center
Titan Recreation, a program of the Associated Students, CSUF, Inc., serves the California State University, Fullerton campus community (students, faculty, staff and alumni) through a variety of recreational, educational and social opportunities. Programs and services include Intramural Sports - featuring recreational and competitive leagues and tournaments; Group Fitness - comprehensive Drop-in Fitness and Instructional Class programs; Personal Training; and Certification Courses - including First Aid, CPR, AED and Lifeguard classes; Aquatics Programs - including a Learn to Swim Program; and a comprehensive Youth Day Camp Program each summer.
- Student Recreation Center - The 95,000 square foot center opened in March 2008 and includes a three-court gymnasium with an elevated jogging track, two racquetball courts, a rock wall, a dance studio, a martial arts studio, the Harvey McKee Fitness Studio, an indoor cycling studio and an outdoor pool. In addition, 17,000 square feet are dedicated to cardio and strength training equipment, featuring over 150 pieces to accommodate a variety of workout options. The Student Recreation Center is also a great place to host events on campus, with available space both inside the facility and outside at the pool/pool deck available to reserve.
- Group Exercise - Titan Recreation offers over 40 hours of “drop-in” fitness classes each week. Classes include yoga, Pilates, spin, cross training and more. These classes are non-credit group exercise and included as part of your Student Recreation Center membership. Instructional classes are also offered each semester for an additional fee. Class offerings include boot camp classes, CPR, dance, martial arts and personal training.
- Intramural Sports - Intramural Sports offers opportunities to participate in sports activities on a competitive or recreational level. Sport leagues and tournaments are available in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor opportunities year round. All intramural events are open to currently enrolled CSUF students, alumni, faculty and staff for a participation fee of $10 per semester.
- Rock Wall - The Student Recreation Center features an indoor climbing wall that is suitable for all climber skill levels. The rock wall is a showcase element and is located in a highly visible space within the facility. The 1,100 square foot wall is utilized for bouldering, top rope and lead climbing. It is 30’ high and 27’ wide and accommodates 8 top rope stations. Classes and workshops are available and “Open Climb” hours are offered weekly.